Adapted from Our Lady Undoer of Knots a book by Marge Fenelon
Dear Holy Mother,
- Release me from all the knots of injustice that I have suffered or that I have inflicted upon others; allow me to forgive others and have others forgive me just as your loving Son provides forgiveness to us all.
- Take from me the knot of separation that I sometimes sense in my heart or that I inflict on others; your Son showed courage in dealing with those who condemned and tortured him, grant me the courage to embrace all people as Jesus did.
- Liberate me from the knots of confusion that have settled in my heart, or that I have imparted to others; provide me with understanding that I may see your Son’s path and to help others to do the same.
- Untie my knots of hopelessness that I may lift up my heart to God and to lift others up also in the faith and knowledge that God will always take of us no matter our situation.
- Unfasten my knot of grief and loss that separates me from the world and distances me from your Son; you understand better than anyone the pain of loss and grief. Help me to channel this pain or separation into a gift to the Lord.
- Unravel the knot of discord in not only me but in all those around me at this time; all people need to find a path to reconciliation and to learn to live with our differences but be respectful of each other.
- Free us from betrayal that results from our ignorance, pride, and desire for power over others; free us from our preconceived notions so that we can develop a true understanding of others and teach us to deal with them with respect.
- Undo the knot of envy of others and pride in myself and in those who envy me; grant me an open heart permitting me to be thankful for my talents and to appreciate the talents in others as gifts from God to each of us.
- Untangle the knot of affliction whether it be self-imposed, such as an addiction or something from birth, an illness, deformity, or even circumstances such as poverty; strengthen my love of God and my neighbor by affording me with opportunities to reach out and share with these people.
Take my knots, dear mother, to allow me and those that I live with to serve Jesus in peace.